Thursday, October 27, 2011

Be strong

Yesterday was a rough day so I did not blog. Today was a little better but we still had a few ups and downs. Nate is getting very sore from laying in bed for so long. It is very uncomfortable for him to lay in bed but it is also very uncomfortable for him to get out and into the chair. The nurses try to get him out for every meal and make him stay in the chair for at least 1 hour. He does not like that he has to stay there that long and he usually lets all of us know. We have had a few issues with him trying to get up and back into the bed alone and that is not good. They have told us we don't need someone with him 24/7 but that could change again. He gets very upset and very determined to get back in the bed. The nurse had to get very stern with him today because he would not listen. We are not sure if that is because of the damage done to his brain or if it is just because he is stubborn.

They had to reopen the drain because his body was not regulating the fluid like it should. They said they will try to open it again on Friday morning and see how he tolerates it. They did the scan and it showed that there had been signs of spasms. Dr. Douds did not seem too concerned at this point and said they were not very serious. I don't really know what that means. They will take him for another scan in a few days. He still has swelling on his brain which is causing some short term memory loss and a few other things. We hope all of that will get better as the swelling goes away. He will more than likely have some therapy after this to get his brain back to normal.

I pray everyday that he will be able to return to normal and that there will be no long term issues. It has been a rough couple of days for all of us. I have been so scared of what is to come and I was letting fear ruin my faith. I miss my husband and I want him to be back with me. I came home tonight and read a scripture that I had taped to my mirror. It is what is getting me through this day and at this point, one day at a time is all I can do.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua 1:9

3 comments:

  1. Stacey Im sorry. I know how bad this blows...and its SUPER easy to get wrapped up in the negative. Keep that super sense of humor you have and it will get you through some of your darkest spots. My mom and I are both thinking about you and your family every day...I dont pray a ton but I have said a prayer or two for you and Nate. Keep your chin up and if you need a moment to get mad and freak out...DO IT!! Dont bottle it up. What is going on does suck...and your feelings are valid. But your sense of humor and your faith will get you through just about anything. Love ya And keep blogging I keep my mom updated through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stacy, trials like this ARE so hard! Been there done that. You can do it! Lean hard on the Savour, he will be there for you and Nate. When I was going through cancer, I felt his spirit so strong coming through friends and family. Good support is so essential. It is so okay to have bad days and needing time to your self. Sometimes the stress on the caregiver is pretty hard to bear. I have lots of confidence in you that you can do what is needed. I think of you and Nate everyday. I also pray for you everyday. What you and Nate have is pretty special, you guys are very blessed. Love you guys, BE STRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there...you still have prayer from so many and in spite of the bumps, Heavenly Father will strengthen you and help you through this!

    ReplyDelete