Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Brotherhood

Nate with Sgt. Stewart and Lt. Smith 

Since the beginning of all this, I have been more than impressed with how supportive and amazing Henderson PD has been. Nate was supposed to work an overtime shift on Monday and so while we were waiting in the ER at Centennial Hills, I called the jail to let them know he would not be in to work. I talked to Officer McDonald and let him know what was going on. He called and checked on me throughout the night and it made me feel better that they were concerned and aware of what was going on.

Shortly after we arrived at Valley, Kevin Murphy, the police employee assistance program coordinator showed up. I was shocked that they has sent someone so soon. He sat with us and explained things on the employment side. He told me he would be working with the insurance and HR and taking care of things for us. I can not say how thankful I am for his help and support. He is so nice and understanding.

There have been so many officers call, send messages or stop by. Chief Chambers came to the hospital on Monday night along with the jail chaplain and jail superintendent. I have been in contact with his sergeant and he has been passing on updates to his squad. I know that Nate loves his fellow officers and it means so much to him that they are all thinking of him.

Seeing the support and love come from both Henderson and North Las Vegas has brought tears to my eyes several times. It has shown me that there is a true family feeling among the officers and that they would do anything for each other. That, to me, is the true definition of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment