Sunday, October 23, 2011

One week ago

One week ago tonight, our life changed. It seems like it has been a whirlwind of a week. It has been full of fear, tears, faith and a few laughs. I heard the sirens tonight around the same time that everything happened last week and it brought butterflies to my stomach and made me feel sad for the family who was in distress at that time. It brought back all the emotions that I felt last week as we called the paramedics and they came to our house.

What a week it has been! I have learned so much and hope I never forgot what I have learned but I also hope I never have to relive some of the things as well.

Today was not the best day. There was a little bit of an issue this morning when he tried to get back in his bed from the chair. Nothing happened and everything was ok but it made us realize again how important it is to do what we need to do. We are not totally in the clear yet. There is still a lot that could happen and they continue to monitor him around the clock. They have asked that we have someone sit with him 24/7 for the next little while to make sure that he does not try to get in or out of bed.

Some of our church friends have put together a schedule for church friends and some of his officer friends to come and sit with him so we can go home and get some sleep.

He is still having some pretty bad headaches and there seems to be a lot of fluid coming from the drain in his brain so he went in for another scan this afternoon and we should know the results of that by tomorrow, hopefully.

The reason why Nate is not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment