Sunday, October 30, 2011

Post Op Day 13

Nate and Gus playing with my phone at church. Gus loves his dad so much!

I just got home from the hospital. They had Nate back doing putting the filter in for the blood clot. Everything went well and they say that this filter will prevent it from moving to any of the crucial parts of his body. I continue to be amazed at what these doctors can do! Modern medicine is such a blessing and I am so thankful for it.

The infection seems to be under control. They are glad that they caught it before it got too bad. They started him on an antibiotic yesterday and his white blood count is already showing that the infection is going away. They have called in an infectious disease doctor to watch him.

They also removed the pic line that was in his neck and it is now in his arm. They did this so it would not start to get infected. The longer it stays in one place, the more likely he is to get an infection. It is nice that he has it out of his neck. It makes it more comfortable for him.

Dr. Douds came in today and said he wants to try to take the drain out on Tuesday. He hopes that if they can get the drain out, the infection will clear up faster with less complications. He said there was a chance that Nate could be out of ICU by Friday. Not sure if that means home or just do a different floor of the hospital. That would be awesome. While Dr. Douds was checking on him, Nate said, "I know you are busy but when you come in here to chit chat, could you please come first thing in the morning?" It was funny and made us laugh.

I took him some Velvetta Shells and Cheese to eat today. It is one of his favorite treats and I usually don't buy it but I thought maybe it would help make him feel better and lift his spirits.

He was sleeping when I left. He looked so much more calm than he has the last couple of days. I am so thankful he has been able to get some relief and is not in so much pain. It's those little things that we appreciate everyday and are so thankful that the Lord is granting us small miracles to get is through this.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Stac! Just read these last few posts! I am glad he is doing as well as he is, but sorry it has been so rough! I am thinking of you both constantly and we are all praying for you both day and night. Madi never forgets to bless "Nate's brain to get better". I wish there was something I could do for you, but just know that I am thinking of you each day and praying for Nate's recovery and for your comfort. Also, when I read your post about the scripture in Joshua, I thought of one of the songs my friend Lyndsi has written. Sometime get on my blog and at the top you can click to listen to her music. The top song "Strong and Sure" was written for the youth theme of that scripture in 2010. It's perfect and I listen to it all the time and it gives me a boost. Love you Stac.

    ReplyDelete