Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A little anxious

Physical therapy was in today and had Nate up and walking. They made him walk one lap around the ICU. I missed it but his brother Dave was here and said he did well. They have talked with us about therapy and although we don't know many details right now, we know it will be important in getting Nate back to full health

I talked with Dr. Douds today and he was very optimistic about Nate's progress. He closed the drain in his head and they will watch the monitors to see if his body will kick in and take care of the extra fluid he is producing. They will be doing another spec scan and CT scan tomorrow. I asked what the difference is and he said the spec scan is just more detailed and shows more than a regular CT scan. They said if his fluids stay where they need to be, they could pull the drain by the end of this week.They have taken him off all antibiotics. The doctor said it is normal for brain patients to run fevers because the brain has a hard time regulating the body temp. The doctor also said that it is not necessary that someone sit with him 24/7. I thank those that did take a turn and sit with him. We appreciate it so much. Everything sounded good and he is pleased with the with eveything. I tried to thank him when he left but how do you find the words to thank the person would saved your husbands life. It's impossible.

Soon after the Dr. Douds left, Nate got very uncomfortable. He would want to sit up then he would want to sit down. He was getting very upset because I would not let him stand up. He seemed to panic a little and was getting very ansy. The nurse gave him some medicine and we tried to move him into a more comfortable position and rub his back and legs. Her got a little shakey and was upset. He finally calmed down after he was moved back to the bed. The nurse gave him some morphine and we turned out the lights so he could sleep. He told me I was not good at butt massages and then fell asleep.

Whatever Husband. As soon as this is all over, you owe me the longest back scratch ever.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you guys have your sense of humor to get you through this! :) Yes he owes you. Hope tomorrow is an even better day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stac-
    I just saw your post on fb! I can't imagine what you guys are going through, but I am thinking about you and praying for Nate's recovery. I wish I lived close so I could help out in some way. Know that we are thinking of you and hope he heals from this quickly. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stac
    You are SO funny! I seriously can not imagine what you are going through!! We are still praying for Nate every day, even Maddyn! I wish I could do more!! Thanks for all the updates! Love Ya!! :0)

    ReplyDelete