Monday, November 7, 2011

And we stay another day...

Nate was doing well this morning but by noon, he was complaining of a headache. They took his temp and it was 99.4 degrees. I left for awhile and his brother Dave stayed until 4:00pm. When he left, his temp was 100.9 degrees. I came back around 6:00pm to sit with him. It was hard for me too see him tonight because he was not talking to me and I am not sure if he even knew I was there. The nurse came in just before 7pm and I asked if the scan they had scheduled (they wanted one final one before he left)had been done. The nurse told me yes, it had been done and that something had been found but that she couldn't tell me what and that I would have to wait for the doctor to come and tell me. I was so upset because that I would have to wait! It felt like the beginning all over again. I knew I wouldn't be able to wait to talk to the doctor. I was a mess! Luckily, Howard (nate's dad) showed up at the right time and it helped calm me down. Howard called Dr. Douds and left him a message to call us.

The nurse came in around 8pm and took his temp and it was 103.4 degrees. That really concerned her and she left to go call Dr. Mallela (the infection doctor). She came back in with ice packs and medicine to give him in hopes of lowering his temp.

Dr. Douds called us soon after and told us the results of the scan. He has some fluid building up in the ventricles of his brain. They say it could be from the infection and plan to do a lumbar puncture in the morning to draw some of the fluid out to test it. They will decide from there what to do.

His temp right now is 101.4 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Man! Sorry it's such a roller coaster for you guys. We are thinking of you every day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete