Thursday, November 24, 2011

And we're back...

Nate went to his follow up appointment yesterday and they ended up sending him back to the hospital. We spent most of the day yesterday in the ER having tests done. They were concerned that he had a clot in his other leg and possibly that the previous one had moved to his lungs. They were also concerned that he could have an infection in his heart due to the pic line being in there for so long. His heart rate has been so high and it shouldn't be. His resting heart rate is around 120 and it goes up to 160-170 when he stands up. They did an ultrasound on his heart and an EKG and everything looked ok. They did a chest xray to check his lungs and there was no clots. What amazing blessings!  They admitted him to the hospital so they could check his other leg for clots and do a few more tests on his heart to try to find out why it is going so fast.

Dr. Douds came in and said they would do another scan of his head today and see if everything looks ok and then they could put him on some medicine for the clots. They were concerned that it was too soon after the surgery to do that but he feels like it has been long enough that it should be ok.

So, it looks like we will be spending thanksgiving at the hospital. It's a bummer deal but I know that is where he needs to be. I am so thankful for the doctors and nurses who are there to take care of him. I am thankful for medicine and tests that can be done to find the problem. I am most thankful for Heavenly Father and the Savior. I know they are in charge and have a plan for us. Sometimes it is hard to see what benefit could possible come from something like this but I have already seen so many blessings in my life that I wouldn't have realized if this hadn't happened.

I love all of you and thank you all for your love and support. I hope that everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment