Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Today was a rough day for me. I woke up and felt so tired from the night before. We are still having to do the IV antibiotic every 4 hours so I have to wake up, prepare the medicine, hook it up to Nate and then wait for 30 minutes for it to drip into his iv. It is hard to do when it is 2am and I feel tired. I have been trying really hard to be patient and for the most part, I have done pretty good except for today. I guess it is normal to feel burnt out once in awhile.

I spent the morning trying to get an appointment with a primary care doctor set up for Nate. It was more than frustrating trying to deal with the doctors office and the insurance. The insurance kept telling me something different than the doctors office and it was causing me some grief. The nice lady at the doctors office finally just scheduled the appointment for me because she could probably tell that I was about to break down in tears.

Nate is doing ok. We had to go back to the hospital on Saturday because his left leg was swollen so bad and he was in a lot of pain. They did an ultrasound on his leg and found that the clot was still there which is what was causing the swelling and pain. I was worried for a minute that they might admit him again. I was not looking forward to that. We spent a few hours in the ER but then they sent us home. While we were there, we saw a family who had just been told that their family member had died. It was so sad to hear them crying and screaming and it really put things back into perspective for me about how lucky we really are that Nate is still with us. I pray that family can find the peace they need during this hard time.

He is still having some leg pain and now his right leg is hurting from carrying all the weight when he walks since he can't put any pressure on his left leg. They tell us he needs to walk more but it hurts so bad that he doesn't want to. We both know that walking will help him regain his strength and is the only thing that is going to help at this point. They have done all they can do for the clot.

We continue to be amazed at everyone and the love and support we have received. I am so shocked that people are so generous and it has softened my heart. It has made me want to be a better person and I hope someday I can do for others as others have done for us during this tough time. I wish I could personally thank everyone who has helped but I don't know of everyone. There have been many strangers and people that only know us because they know someone else in our family. I will write a post about it some time when I can think of the words that say how I truly feel.

I am glad it is night time and look forward to the morning of tomorrow. Like my previous post, every dark day ends and the sun shines again. That is what I am looking forward to and sometimes that is all we can do.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Stac! You have been through so much! Just keep doing the best you can and don't feel bad when you need to have a cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello love,
    Bekah here... You both are amazing. You are dang right that it's normal to feel burnt out. If you are tired, it's justified.
    Your words flowed in this post. It's so true that you are so blessed to still have your husband and I, too, hope that family can find comfort in their time of loss. That is so sad.

    I hope the pain subsides so he can start walking more. I hope that you get deep sleep when you can. I hope that you two are finding something to laugh at every single day. I know that you WILL pay this forward to someone down the line in life that is struggling just like you and Nate are right now. I love to read about your softened heart. For the most part, people are great. I'm so glad they've been great to you.

    Chin up! You're wonderful!
    Bekah~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates Stac- It's good to hear news without having to bug you all the time. We're praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete