Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bittersweet

When I got to the hospital today Nate was sitting up and seemed happy. Dr. Khilnani came in and gave Nate the go ahead to move to a different room. It was a bitter sweet moment as we said goodbye to him and his team of medical students. I shook his hand and he hugged me. It made me cry because I have really come to love the nurses and doctors that have been with us. Dr. Khilnani is such a funny doctor and was always giving Nate a hard time. He was always making us laugh and it was nice to have on those days when we just needed a little humor.

Dr. Khilnani and his team of med students

The day went well as we anticipated the move to the new room. We waited and waited and it never happened. Nate started to get a headache around 6pm and he had a fever of 100.4 by the time I left. I went back around 9:00 and his head was still hurting. He was still in ICU. I only stayed with him for a half hour or so because he wanted to sleep. I want these fevers to stop. He had gone 36 hours without any fever but for some reason it came back. I hope he feels better tomorrow.

The nurse called me around 10pm and said they had moved him out of ICU and into a regular room. I can't wait to go see him tomorrow and check out the new room.I know we are one step closer to coming home but I am not sure why it seems so hard to leave the people in the ICU. I think I might actually miss them a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment